|Location of Schweinestall.|
Let's begin a tour of the outbuildings. On the map to the right, is a small building (highlighted green), approximately 6m x 6m, marked as "Schu", just to the north of the house. This is the former Schweinestall, or pig sty, with a tobacco drying house, built around 1924, and which has lain unused for quite some years.
From the ground plan in 1922, it looks like there was an earlier building, not so deep (perhaps measuring 6 x 3 metres), already here, so perhaps this was a major extension and the blue shading on the cross section in the building plans from 1924 (below) indicates some earlier, reused structure.
|Building plans from January, 1924.|
The chimney indicated on the plans no longer goes out the roof, but it is still present inside.
|South facade of Schweinestall, February, 2011.|
The door at the top leads into a former tobacco drying house. Instead of getting a ladder every time we want to get into it, it's easier to walk around the back where you can duck into an opening in the wall (see photo below). The neighbourhood kids like to play in here, apparently, but so does the Marder.
|Schweinestall viewed from the north.|
|Top level, February, 2011.|
|Schweinestall viewed from the east, February, 2011.|