Thursday 20 November 2014

The kitchen has landed

It seems I've been a bit remiss with the updates, but I have a good excuse: burning the candle at both ends. Starting the day job shortly before 8am, popping over to the building site at around 4:30pm and, the last few nights, staying there till midnight with an hour break for supper with the family. But energy levels are high, and I'm getting a lot done up on the neglected second floor. But I'll come back to that in another post. This post is all about the kitchen. Major milestone alert!

On Monday last week, the people from wohnfitz came with the kitchen. They spent two days in the house, putting it together, and I have to say, I'm really pleased with both the kitchen, and the care they took fitting it. We made our initial order about two years ago! So this was a long time coming, and when I look back at two or three years with of photos from the same room, it's been an amazing transformation, if I do say so myself. Of course, all the stuff I did is now hidden!

And now, the gallery.

Painting done after the synthetic resin screed was laid.
Tiled floor done!
And the kitchen is in...









There's still some detail work to do. We have to pick tiles for a splash back (we'll probably use the same model as the floor tiles, but smaller) and fit the lighting, but once we move in, we'll make it truly our own with other touches.

For a live view, you can also have a look at a bit of a walkthrough here from last weekend (including a quick look upstairs where it really is still a building site).


No comments:

Post a Comment